Tuesday, November 29, 2005

best books of the year ?

just a quick post, to make me forget the dreadful presentation for a few minutes :P
inspired by this BC thread, I quickly glanced through my list of books read this year and came up with this temporary top 5:
- Norwegian wood, by Haruki Murakami
- The shadow of the wind, by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
- Checkmate, by Dorothy Dunnett (Chronicles of Lymond, Vol VI)
- 84 Charing Cross Road, by Helene Hanff
- Second glance, by Jodi Picoult

Maybe this might change until the end of the year, but by the looks of my current TBR I don't think it will happen ...

And my list of favourite authors "discovered" this year (this time, in specific order):
1. Dorothy Dunnett
2. Haruki Murakami
3. Jodi Picoult
4. Ann Brashares (The sisterhood of the travelling pants was my favourite chic lit of the year, that's for sure ;-)

 

3 comments:

Flor said...

Prognósticos só em Janeiro :-P Respondi à thread, mas até Janeiro devo mudar de ideias, até porque nem pensei muito bem antes de responder :-P
Mas aprovo as tuas listas :)

.. said...

Pois, pois o que a Flor, disse, prognósticos só no fim do jogo! Muito jogo ainda para rodar. Amei dois dessa tua lista, mas um desses foi um desapontamento. Vamos ver, dia 1 de janeiro vou fazer a minha lista.

fantasma said...

Eu culpo-vos por terem despertado a "febre" Jodi Picoult em mim!! ;o)